Sign up for a 30 day FREE TRIAL – takes less than a minute
Driving performance back to basics
I have been doing some research recently and came across the Gallup Q12 which I had not seen for a while. Reading the 12 elements was refreshing. Clear statements that I could really associate with when I reflect on performance outcomes over my career – both as an employee and as a Line Manager. And key people principles for HR Managers to remind themselves as the support the teams in their organisations to deliver strong business outcomes. Good to refresh at this time of year too as we set our objectives and our teams objectives. So, here they are! Welcome any thoughts on these.
The 12 Elements of Great Managing
To identify the elements of worker engagement, Gallup conducted many thousands of interviews in all kinds of organizations, at all levels, in most industries, and in many countries. These 12 statements — the Gallup Q12 — emerged from Gallup’s pioneering research as those that best predict employee and workgroup performance.
- I know what is expected of me at work.
- I have the materials and equipment I need to do my work right.
- At work, I have the opportunity to do what I do best every day.
- In the last seven days, I have received recognition or praise for doing good work.
- My supervisor, or someone at work, seems to care about me as a person.
- There is someone at work who encourages my development.
- At work, my opinions seem to count.
- The mission or purpose of my company makes me feel my job is important.
- My associates or fellow employees are committed to doing quality work.
- I have a best friend at work.
- In the last six months, someone at work has talked to me about my progress.
- This last year, I have had opportunities at work to learn and grow.
Copyright © 1992-1999 The Gallup Organization, Princeton, NJ. All rights reserved.